Camel Trek (2.5 Hours)
- Duration : 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : PSN2SC
Camel Trekking in the Kimberley
Explore the Kimberley’s ancient landscape across Nyikina Mangala land. You will embark on an unforgettable 2 ½ hour camel trek experience, riding through raw Australian bush, over spinefex and iconic Kimberley wilderness. The Camel Trek departs from Mt Anderson Station, approximately 1 ½ hours from Derby. Walk from the Historic Mt Anderson Station, through the scrub and old campsite, through rugged valleys, over spinifex to arrive at a natural rock pool. Keep an eye out for the abundant wildlife on your ride, including goanna, bush turkeys, eagles, and python.
• 2 ½ hour guided camel trek
• Guided by a local Nyikina Elder – Harry Watson
• Discover the history of Mt Anderson Station and learn about bush tucker
• Minimum age is 7, riders under 18 will need to be signed in by a parent or guardian on the day
• Maximum weight 110kg
• Riders will be required to sign an application to ride form prior to participating in their ride
• No previous experience is necessary
• It is highly recommended that you use a 4WD as the road is subject to flood damage
• Minimum 4, Maximum 14
Where are we?
This experience takes place at Mt Anderson Station, approximately 1 ½ hour's drive from Derby. Take the Camballin exit off the Great Northern Highway, turn left down Mt Anderson Rd and follow for approximately 40km. It is highly recommended that you use a 4WD as the road is subject to wet season flood damage. When you arrive you will be greeted and shown where to park.
• 2 ½ hours in duration, available Saturday mornings and additional days during school holidays.
• Must arrive at Mt Anderson station by 8am for an 8.30am departure.
• Please book and pay at least 3 days in advance of your preferred date.
What to wear?
• It's best to wear light weight long sleeved shirts, long pants
• Enclosed shoes
• Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
Please Bring in a backpack
• Snacks/Morning tea
• Cash for Sausage Sizzle
• Rides are conducted in all weather conditions
• If in doubt, please contact us on 08 9191 7280 on the morning of your tour
• In the case of extreme weather the trek will be cancelled and the option of your money refunded.